Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Virtual Hike In The Forest Day 3

Yawn...  Did everyone sleep well?
Lets pick up camp and hit the trail....
More ferns await.....


Bracken Fern
(Pteridophyta) are vascular plants that have alternating generations, large plants that produce spores and small plants that produce sex cells (eggs and sperm). Brackens are noted for their large, highly divided leaves. 

Now comes the hard part of this hike..

Remember the quiz I mentioned at the start of the hike?

Now you can tell me the name of the fern below?
It is OK to use your notes or ipad.

6 comments:

  1. no idea but i like it... also love the bracken fern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is chain fern.... I am still learning. lol

      Delete
    2. I am glad you survived the hike with me. :)

      Delete
  2. There is something so cool and woodsy about ferns. Great captures of a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Being in the woods is so relaxing. I never get enough of it.

      Delete
    2. Hope you enjoyed the Virtual Hike

      Delete