Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Grandfathers Poems

When I was young... I would watch my grandfather shuffle off to his bedroom and close the door.
Soon after there would be a click clack ding sound followed by more click clack ding.
Many times I wondered what my grandfather was up to.

Several years after our grandfather died my sister was given a box.
In it were aging photos and poems written by our grandfather on his beautiful aging typewriter.
My sister was so impressed with his stack of poems she started a website to display his works... H.E. Crane

Now my sister and I are sharing his work in another way..
We are blending his poetry with my nature photography.
For others to enjoy.. such as wall hangings and gifts.
The link to the store is below....


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will find something you like..


Samples of what you will see in the store:










4 comments:

  1. Excellent.... He would be so proud of what you are doing... both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if he was too shy to show his work while he was still alive. I think this is a wonderful way to share his poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your description of the sound. :) Click, clack, click, clack, ding! He was so hard of hearing that being with us when we visited wasn't much accomplished for him. I think as I have read through them that he was saving up for after his death for us all to enjoy them. He had a lot of thoughts and couldn't interact with us so he put his thoughts into print for us to enjoy later. Some of them address the reader speaking directly to you. The more I read through them the more I appreciate his work. Maybe there needs to be a swoooosh-thud after the ding for the carriage movement. :) I wish I had spent more time with him while he was alive.

    ReplyDelete