Saturday, November 8, 2014

Dinner Plate Sized



Back in late September we came across the largest fungus we had ever seen.
It was there for only a couple of weeks before it began to turn black and dry up.
I tried to leave as many leaves and plants in the photo to give you an idea of its size.
I think it would have filled an entire dinner plate and fed several people if it had been edible.
The last photo was taken a few days later when we came back by to check on it's status.
Only this time it looked like an animal or human had knocked it over on it's side.

4 comments:

  1. this is incredible, never seen anything like it, not even on TV or on blogs.. wow what a find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, very cool. I saw a tree with a very unique fungus growing on it today but unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is big and strange looking. Looks like a big old cauliflower gone bad.

    ReplyDelete